Susan De Seyn, Gold, 2003, Enamel and collage on paper, 22.5 x 30 inches
- Scope Hamptons opens today, and runs through the weekend. I’ve never known anyone who really got behind their Hampton fair, but this year interest really seems to have dwindled. Besides it being the middle of summer, their exhibitor list isn’t helping any.
- NADA fair’s county fair/block party will run this Saturday noon through 6 and include artist run game booths, swap meet tables and a benefit raffle. Last year around this time they ran a book swap which was decidedly unsuccessful as there were no books worth swapping and no attendees. The event will take place on 27th street between 11th and 12th Avenue.
- C-Monster found an amusing gag. Girlz rule!
- Karina Longworth visits Comic Con San Diego, and learns Star Wars limited edition 41 cent stamps are now selling for $12-15 dollars on ebay. Yea, those babies are well worth the investment.
- The digital age is destroying us by ruining our ability to concentrate or 40 something journalists are bothered by digital culture (thanks Bookforum!). When will this story die? Admittedly cell phones can be a nuisance, but the glory of such devices is that users can turn them off! Also, studies show reader attention span is greater on the web than it is broadsheet.