Damien Hirst, For The Love of God, 2007. Animation courtesy of AFC
Those suckers forced to work today also have the priviledge of reading everyone’s favorite category of blog writing: Fundraiser Posts! I’m doing the best I can to keep these entries interesting, but ultimately the message is the (rather canned sounding) message: As an independent blogger, I need your help to maintain the blog properly. But here’s the good news: With only two days left in the campaign, I’m only $500 dollars away from reaching my goal of $6,000! I urge readers who find the blog valuable in any way to consider donating so I can meet this target. Your contributions will not only provide the financial support I need to maintain the blog but make the second Damien hirst skull blink! (Paypal embed found on this post).
Meanwhile I’d like to take a moment to highlight some of press I’ve received during the fundraiser. Here’s a few places the blog’s shown up recently:
- ArtReview.com has listed my fundraiser on their homepage.
- Young Manhattanite won’t donate to just any blog.
- We Make Money Not Art includes Art Fag City in their end of the year fundraiser campaign lists.
- Tom Moody writes an incredibly generous post on the merits of Art Fag City.
- Felix Salmon notes the microdonations model of blogonomics has a macro option.
- Dealer Edward Winkleman says it’s good to give.
- James Wagner and Bloggy both weigh in the fundraiser.
- Regina Hackett at the Seattle PI describes Art Fag City as “one of the most intellectually bracing websites on the web”
- Two Coats of Paint included the Art Fag City campaign in “The Year in Art Blogging”, and ArtCal Zine describes the blog as a service to the entire city!
- Canadians like Art Fag City: Leah Sandals throws support my way.
- Conscientious notes the importance of independent blogs, C-Monster updated her digest to include the fundraiser and Ron Hogan over at GalleyCat twittered the cause.
- Newsgrist included me on her give to the arts post, MTAA threw some love my way, and Nathaniel Stern reblogged my fundraiser email.