- Ernst van de Wetering, the Dutch art historian and longtime head of the Netherlands-based Rembrandt Research Project, has re-attributed 70 paintings to Rembrandt. [The Wall Street Journal]
- City raccoons are smarter than rural raccoons. The study was done on Toronto raccoons only, though, so who knows whether the same results would be found in, say, New York. [Nautilus]
- Thanks to Marina Galperina for the best Vine from last night’s Monopolart tournament at Postmasters. What a hoot! [@mfortki]
- Crazy: The L.A. Board of Supervisors has added $54 million to the 84.7 million arts and culture budget. [The Los Angeles Times]
- A mysterious metal object has fallen from the sky in New Jersey. [NBC New York]
- The collaborative online magazine East of Borneo has just hours to go before their Kickstarter campaign closes. Help ‘em out. [Kickstarter via Culture: High and Low]
- Matisse, in his later years, was not in good health. Because painting was a challenge, he made work within his physical means. Holland Cotter offers a lot of meaningful background on Matisse in his review of the retrospective at MoMA. [The New York Times]
- Your dog for the day: Dogs don’t make good snow angels! [@huskyheaven]
Archive of Paddy Johnson
Paddy Johnson is the founding editor of Art Fag City. In addition to her work on the blog, she has been published in New York Magazine, artreview.com, Art in America, The Daily, Print Magazine, Time Out NY, The Reeler, The Daily Beast, The Huffington Post, The Guardian, and New York Press, and linked to by publications such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, New York Magazine, Boing-Boing, The New York Observer, Gawker, Design Observer, Make Magazine, The Awl, Artinfo, and we-make-money-not-art. Paddy lectures widely about art and the Internet at venues including Yale University, Parsons, Rutgers, South by Southwest, and the Whitney Independent Study Program. In 2008, she became the first blogger to earn a Creative Capital Arts Writers grant from the Creative Capital Foundation. Paddy is also the art editor at The L Magazine, where she writes a regular column.
Paddy has written 990 article(s) for AFC.
Posts by author: