- The GOP Debate took place on Fox last night. Nobody thinks Jeb Bush did well. Donald Trump is a honey badger. Carly Fiorina is the breakout star. [Vox]
- Peanut gallery commentary on the debate via Gawker, of course. [Gawker]
- Well, the Daily Show has finally come to a close. I was kinda sad when I saw late night host David Letterman retire, but Daily Show host Jon Stewart leaving feels like a loss—even if the heyday of TV has well past. Will there be a sane political voice on TV any more? [The Internet]
- A study by Benno Nigg, an emeritus professor of kinesiology at the University of Calgary in Canada finds that the most comfortable running shoes are also the least likely to cause injury. Yeah, that’s an actual article. [The New York Times]
- The broad view on why your rent is so high and your pay so low. [Los Angeles Review of Books]
- Adult coloring books are not art therapy. Christian Loves Sparkle has to have an opinion on this. [ABC]
- A new app allows users to apply makeup and wigs to famous portraits. I guess this is targeted at the 12-year-old boy demographic? [Artnet]
- Art, by the numbers. [Hyperallergic]
Archive of Paddy Johnson
Paddy Johnson is the founding editor of Art Fag City. In addition to her work on the blog, she has been published in New York Magazine, artreview.com, Art in America, The Daily, Print Magazine, Time Out NY, The Reeler, The Daily Beast, The Huffington Post, The Guardian, and New York Press, and linked to by publications such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, New York Magazine, Boing-Boing, The New York Observer, Gawker, Design Observer, Make Magazine, The Awl, Artinfo, and we-make-money-not-art. Paddy lectures widely about art and the Internet at venues including Yale University, Parsons, Rutgers, South by Southwest, and the Whitney Independent Study Program. In 2008, she became the first blogger to earn a Creative Capital Arts Writers grant from the Creative Capital Foundation. Paddy is also the art editor at The L Magazine, where she writes a regular column.
Paddy has written 1137 article(s) for AFC.
Posts by author: