The Art Fag City Rob Pruitt Art Awards and Auction*
Thanks for your support!
AFC’s 2012 Benefit was a huge success, thanks to the support of our dedicated readers. We’re leaving the details below, for anyone interested, and we’ll see you next year!
Who used their genitals best this year?
Who spent the most time doing nothing?
Who is the art world’s best Jerry?
Who is 2012’s most ubiquitous person?
(and most importantly)
Who is 2012’s Most Powerful Person in the Art World, by bench press?
This February 23rd, Art Fag City will host The AFCRPAAaA*, because let's face it: no one can get enough of Rob Pruitt (or the quiet implication that he may be involved somehow, in spirit). Get ready for awards, cocktails, and mayhem.
Thursday February 23rd, 2012
6:30 — 10 PM
New York, NY 10002
We haven’t announced all the details yet, but here’s what we can tell you:
- An auction with auctioneer C K Swett, featuring work and contributions by Zachary Aarons, Joshua Abelow, AIDS 3D, Greg Allen, John Baldessari, Bruce High Quality Foundation, Saul Chernick, John Giorno, Debbie Harry (yes, that one), Independent Curators International, Richard Kern, Scott Kilgour, Marilyn Minter, Stephen Petronio, Rob Pruitt, Johnny Reinhold, Felix Salmon, Alec Soth, Penelope Umbrico, and Hennessy Youngman
- Awards decided by an expert jury including Anton Vidokle, William Powhida, and Jen Dalton.
- An Award ceremony hosted by William Powhida
- Andrew Andrew to DJ
- Free bouncy rides by Nate Hill
- A pig fountain, providing a selection of smoked meats and live-gathered fresh fruits wrapped in edible gold and silver, provided by Jen Catron and Paul Outlaw
- Drinks provided by Bomb Beer, Blue Moon, and White Pike Whiskey
- and special guests!**
Prepare for a night of entirely too much.
The best part of all? All proceeds from the AFCRPAAaA* ticket sales will go directly to keeping New York’s best art blog running. Tickets are $100, $50 for artists. If you’re buying a full-price ticket, and feeling extra-generous, you can also choose to sponsor an artist for just $50 more – which means we’ll be able to give somebody out there (your choice or ours) a free ticket to the event of the
year season month. All the ordering information’s below – we hope to see you at the awards!
In-kind donations from Abrams Books, ArtCat/Idiom, Collectrium, Double Triple, Independent Curators International, The L Magazine, Nectar Ads, Roberta's, Skyframe, Site/109, and Yerba Buena
Benefit Committee Members: Joshua Abelow, Helen Allen, Fred Benenson, Jill Brienza, Catherine Brodsky, Sean Capone, David Carson, Carolyn Cartwright, Lauren Cerand, Saul Chernick, Collectrium, Andrew Ehrenworth, Michael Gillespie, Rachel Greene, Veken Gueyikian, Dylan Fareed, Dave Harper, Heather Hubbs, Rob Hult, Julia Kaganskiy, Ingrid Bromberg Kennedy, Scott Kilgour, Rhiannon Kubicka, Allegra LaViola, Michelle Levy, Doreen McCarthy, Risa Needleman, Murat Orozobekov, Marsha Owett, Marcin Ramocki, Sara Reisman, Magda Sawon, Andrea Serbonich, Daniel Stedman, Steven Stern, Steven Stewart, Jeffrey Teuton, Benjamin Tischer, John Thomson, Alexis Tryon, Ken Tyburski, Rachel Uffner, Penelope Umbrico, Manish Vora, Sam Wilson
*Still not affiliated with Rob Pruitt
**Possibly including Rob Pruitt