- Steve Jobs died. (I know, you know). Watch his 2005 lecture at Stanford. [Youtube via The Internet]
- I guess we can look forward to the New York Observer’s breezy trademark slideshows on GalleristNY. Up first: New York Art World’s Most Powerful Women. This looks like this list was made for a price database company; a list of the first names one sees in a catalogue of Sotheby’s and Christies, plus a few blue chip gallery owners. Where’s Laura Hoffman, Chrissie Iles, Lauren Cornell? Almost no minorities. One critic. No C-Monster. Bullshit. [GalleristNY]
- Last week we had the bad Bob Dylan painting story, this week we have @occupyartworld, @occupyoccupyartworld, and some bickering over a jacked story. Big waste of time.
- Greg Allen expressed some doubts about Gerhard Richter’s show at Marian Goodman Paris last week, but now he’s gone for a full-on nerding-out. It’s a fun read.
- Congratulations to “R.E.M. Release Animated GIF Album Cover” for winning the Most Worthless Press Release Email @1000timesyes Has Ever Opened award. Upon a request for evidence I confirmed the validity of this award. Half-assedry at it’s best: Behold the GIF!
Posts tagged as: