Culled from an email thread on public hair
- A haunted white Macbook, only $182! The seller claims to have left the Macbook in a graveyard next to a mental institution on the night of an electrical storm, green fog clouding, and “an old crone” who was terrorizing a nearby neighborhood. Haunting followed:
How do I “know” the computer is haunted?
Well, I took the computer home (still in perfect working condition) and, folks, this is when things started to get downright weird. First, I noticed that ALL of my songs in iTunes had become scary or haunted. Second, the desktop background was changed to a scary photo. The following week, we (my wife, Barbie, and I) noticed some of our stuff around the house had been mysteriously rearranged. One night, we went out to dinner with my wife’s parents and their friends and some people from my wife’s work and some of their parents. When we came home, my baseball cards were all out of order and my wife’s rare American coins were in total disarray. To make matters spookier, I occasionally saw the computer levitating. In some cases the screen and keyboard would open and shut quickly, as though the computer were attempting to speak.
- Daily Life columnist Clementine Ford started #QuestionsForMen as an outlet to record unequal expectations between genders. The distinction is obvious in the blogging business, which generally permits men to freely air emotional complaints while expecting women to steer a more rational course, or else we’re on our period. [Twitter, via Buzzfeed]
- Serial killer Charles Manson has called his wedding off to Afton Elaine Burton, a woman 53 years his junior, after it emerged that she was only after him for his corpse. She was hoping to gain possession of the corpse through marriage so she and her friends could put it on display in L.A. and profit from its display. [The Independent]
- Miley Cyrus enters the NYC Porn Festival. The fucking tongue. Video included. [NY Post]
- The new Whitney megaplex reaches completion. [Jerry Saltz on twitter]
- The city of Atlanta might incarcerate the art student whose pinhole camera accidentally brought the highways when police suspected a bomb threat. The professor is throwing the kids under the bus by specifying that this was assigned as a “take-home” project. [artnet News]
- Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew no. Brokelyn lists Brooklyn-branded Valentine’s gifts including graffiting the work “BROOKLYN” on a cologne bottle. [Brokelyn]
- CAA has released a “Best Practices in Fair Use” guide for artists. [Hyperallergic]
- Photographer Sarah Meyohas has invented an art version of BitCoin, “Bitch coin” in which collectors buy her work at a fixed rate of one BitchCoin per 25 inches of photographic print. (It’s backed by one of Meyohas’s prints, which she’s placed in a vault). After February 15th, you’ll be able to buy Bitchcoins online. [BitchCoin]