New shows at Devotion Gallery, Pierogi, and Cotton Candy Machine join exhibits at perennial favorites Like the Spice Gallery, Causey Contemporary and many others for November's Williamsburg Every 2:nd Friday gallery crawl on Friday, November 11, from 6—9 p.m., presented by AT&T. Seasoned and budding collectors, artists, gallerists, community members and tourists alike join galleries for opening receptions, artist discussions, performances and refreshments.
A guided tour of the neighborhood galleries will be led by Stephan Fowlkes, Arts Editor, The New York Optimist, and will leave from Like the Spice (224 Roebling St.) at 7 p.m. During the gallery crawl, Williamsburg Every 2:nd and AT&T will continue the “Learn to Collect” project, which invites attendees to create their own “collections” by photographing artwork with their smartphones and uploading the pictures to the Williamsburg Every 2:nd Facebook page. The individual whose collection comprises the greatest amount of artwork from the most galleries will be awarded a smartphone.
Maps of the art walk will be distributed at participating galleries, local businesses and the Bedford and Union Square L stations.
- WHO: Seasoned & budding collectors, art enthusiasts, artists, gallerists & community members
- WHAT: Williamsburg-area galleries keep their doors open late to showcase new artwork
- WHEN: Friday, November 11, from 6—9 p.m
- WHERE: Many outstanding neighborhood galleries, including:
- ART 101 – 101 Grand St., www.art101brooklyn.com
- Black & White Project Space – 483 Driggs Ave., www.blackandwhitegallery.com
- Cotton Candy Machine – 235 South 1st Street, www.thecottoncandymachine.com
- Camel Art Space – 722 Metropolitan Ave. www.camelartspace.com
- Causey Contemporary – 92 Wythe Ave., www.causeycontemporary.com
- Devotion Gallery – 54 Maujer St ., www.areyoudevoted.com
- Figureworks – 168 N. 6th St., www.figureworks.com
- Front Room – 147 Roebling St., www.frontroom.org
- The Gallery at Skink Ink Editions – 177 N. 10th St., www.skink-ink.com
- Like the Spice Gallery – 224 Roebling St., www.likethespice.com
- Parker’s Box – 193 Grand St., www.parkersbox.com
- Pierogi – 177 N. 9th St., www.pierogi2000.com
- Sideshow – 319 Bedford Ave., www.sideshowgallery.com
- Ventana 244 – 244 N. 6th St., www.ventana244.org
- WAH – 135 Broadway., www.wahcenter.net