Brooklyn readers will recall this summer’s borough-wide GO open studio event, in which the public was invited vote to nominate artists for an exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum. Today, the curators have announced their selections from a pool of ten, with definite leanings toward painting. Without further ado, here are the artists:
- Adrian Coleman, Fort Greene, painting
- Oliver Jeffers, Boerum Hill, painting, illustration, and drawing
- Naomi Safran-Hon, Prospect Heights, painting
- Gabrielle Watson, Crown Heights, painting
- Yeon Ji Yoo, Red Hook, mixed media sculpture
The exhibition opens December 1st. Curator Sharon Matt Atkins has promised to share more in the coming weeks.