- Hyperallergic reports that art insurance claims from Sandy may rise to $500 Million. Ouch. [Hyperallergic]
- 24 artists to watch, as identified by famous artists. I know very few them, which strikes me as a good sign. [ArtInfo, Part 1 and Part 2]
- Tyler Green unleashes his 2012 Best of List. [Modern Art Notes]
- The best of 2012 also came in from the hinterlands: bmoreart reported on Baltimore’s best exhibitions, Pedro Velez at New City reported on Chicago, MNArtists.org listed Minnesota’s best of 2012, and the LA Times wrapped up their year with a best-of slideshow. Who’re we missing?
- Are you kidding me? The FBI has threatened artist Omer Fast in “suggestive, spy-movie language” after they noticed he was interested in speaking to someone operating military drones. Fast says that since that time his contacts have all gone dead. [The Art Newspaper]
- The role of the fish tank in James Krone’s art. [Bad at Sports]
Previous post: Art Fag City at The L Magazine: The Art Year in Review
Next post: Flamers: The Lowman Debate