If you want to shut down a continuous solitary confinement prison like Laurie Jo Reynolds, or transform a neighborhood like Theaster Gates, or generate international outrage like Pussy Riot, AND you need $20,000 in unrestricted funds, then you’re in luck (for once). A Blade of Grass will select seven artists in a program tailored toward art-making and clear social change.
Throughout this fellowship, A Blade of Grass will be facilitating community evaluations and grantee interviews, as it has in the past. Ideally these will build up to broader conversations and public programming.
- A website
- A CV
- A 500-word letter of interest outlining your proposal for a socially-engaged project, with art “as a catalyst for social change”
- Projects must collaborate with non-artists
- Projects must have local relevance
- Projects must feature artists in leadership roles
- Proposals for creating objects for display
- Exhibition proposals
- Proposals for personal studio development, unless social practice-related (although you may alot for living expenses if necessary)
December 2, 2013
Apply and read the full guidelines here: