MFA in Integrated Media Arts Production (IMAP) is a new two-year, full-time graduate program at New Jersey City University specifically geared toward independent media artists. IMAP offers a contemporary, critically charged approach toward media arts with areas of expertise in video, film, and new media, at the intersection of emerging social platforms.
Application deadline is June 15, 2014.
- Excellent faculty of nationally and internationally recognized artists and filmmakers actively pursuing their research
- Distinguished group of visiting artists and speakers
- Professional, full-access production facilities in video, film, and digital media
- Unique, post-internet perspective on contemporary art practice in technological context
- Dedicated work areas for MFA students
- Immediate proximity to NYC’s cultural and artistic resources (campus located 30 min from downtown Manhattan)
- NJCU’s modest graduate tuition with special reduced rates for NY residents
- Access to the resources of NJCU’s vibrant campus and community, including the Black Maria Film and Video Festival
- GRE and TOEFL requirements waived
Visiting artists 2014–15 to include Deirdre Boyle; Su Friedrich; Jean Pierre Gorin; Ed Halter; Art Jones; Michael Joo; Ed Kashi; Barbara London; Kristin Lucas; Louis Massiah; Joe McKay; Richard Peña; Kelly Reichardt; Rafael Rozendaal; Lynne Sachs; Magdalena Sawon
For more information or to apply, visit http://njcu.cc/imap/.
Events at New Jersey City University
2039 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Jersey City, NJ 07305
NJCU Graduate Open House
Wednesday, February 5, 4–6:30pm, Multipurpose Room, Gilligan Student Union
IMAP Launch Event
Thursday, March 20, 5–7pm, Fries Hall