Artist Jeremy Blake Missing

by Art Fag City on July 20, 2007 · 14 comments Breaking! + Newswire

blake1.jpgModern Art Notes confirms LA Observed‘s report this morning that the artist Jeremy Blake, is considered missing off New York’s Rockaway Beach. This comes one week after his long time girlfriend Theresa Duncan of Wit of the Staircase killed herself while working on a film in New York. While Duncan showed outward signs of suffering from mental instability on her blog, it should be noted that she did believe that both her and Blake were being stalked.

Also read more on the story at:

Fishbowl LA

Update: Via Modern Art Notes: Blake’s body may have been found.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

mark July 21, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Oh,it juct klicked, I didn’t make the connection. Her blog was wonderful, beautiful woman. What a tragedy.

mark July 21, 2007 at 12:40 pm

spencer mack July 22, 2007 at 1:05 pm

I’m heartbroken. I can only hope for the enormous missing bits to surface. These two beautiful people had the ability to threaten some to say the least. This case deserves an through investigation to rule-out any and all foul play.

spencer mack July 22, 2007 at 9:05 am

blake robin July 23, 2007 at 12:17 am

I am so very very fucking sad to lose two of my favorite people on the planet. And I am so angry with their many tormentors who subjected them to absurd amounts of mental anguish.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves for all the energy you wasted. Theresa and Jeremy will be remembered long after you are forgotten.

blake robin July 22, 2007 at 8:17 pm

underbelly July 25, 2007 at 3:09 pm

blake: aren’t you the guy that made the crass comment about a “to-do” list? hmm, with friends like that…

underbelly July 25, 2007 at 11:09 am