Chris Roeleveld, How it works: The Toilet. Screengrab AFC
My condolences to gallery workers who once again will not see any benefits from the long weekend. Memorial Day lands on a Monday, and since those employees never work that day anyway, they simply have a few more people to hang out with over the “long” weekend. Also note: the Internet is dead today, and will continue to be so until Tuesday. As a result, this edition of Massive Links contains no news and will instead consist only of art and other fine tidings currently floating around on the net. Enjoy!
- More from Vice TV. I couldn’t resist discussing True Norwegian Black Metal , the documentary about Gorgoroth, and its lead singer, Gaahl a one time painter, now known for his Satan worshiping band, and his propensity to literally torture unlucky idiots who decide to attack him, but there’s also a lot of specifically related art material on this site in a section called Art Talk. The artist choices are a little predictable, in that they have all likely done something with Deitch projects or some similarly youth culture focused gallery, but that’s fine. A two part documentary on Lizzie Bougatsos, Visual Artist and the lead singer of Gang Gang Dance is the first on the list of viewable videos and does a reasonable job of catching a viewer up on her art and music career. She discusses work she made with Rita Ackermann in the mid 2000s, a lot of which seemed to involve setting stuff on fire. Also of note, there’s a feature on everyone’s favorite artist and this year’s Sobey award finalist Terence Koh, and an animated interview with painter and graffiti artist Barry McGee.
- A new Seth Price mix is now available on ubuweb. Warning: It’s an 8 hour mp3, so it’ll take a bit to load.
- How it works: The toilet. A really fun site by artist Chris Roeleveld. The menu headings on this site a particularly enjoyable, the anatomy of the toilet amongst my favorite. Also, don’t miss the toilets of the world photo essay.
- thingsididlastnight.com. For the 12 year old boy in you. via ss.
- On a completely self indulgent note, there’s some chance my apartment will be become the new home of a Bernese Mountain puppy in July so I’m leaving you all with puppy pictures. Adorable!