Bruce Nauman, The True Artist Helps the World by Revealing Mystic Truths (Window or Wall Sign), 1967. Neon with glass tubing suspension frame 4′ 11″ x4′ 7″ x 2″. Private Collection
Thanks to our IMG MGMT essays, we’ve been receiving a fair number of new visitors on the site. If you’re new here, we encourage you to check out a few of our perennial favorites at AFC. If you like what you see, don’t forget to sign up for our RSS feed! Also follow us on Twitter here.
- Best Link Ever! A weekly column culling the best gems of the Internet maintained by Associate Editor Karen Archey
- Gawker Doesn’t Review Younger Than Jesus at The New Museum. Art trends revealed!
- Alex Balk on the Aura of Reproduction. White Noise applied to the Mona Lisa
- The Rematerialization of Art According to Holy Fire. Why shows inspired by the art market don’t promise interesting results.
ART FAG CITY ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB
The L Magazine. Highlights include:
- 8 Fallacies about Contemporary Art.
Afraid to talk about art? Intimidated? Feel like you’ll look silly? Let Paddy help.
- When Does Fan Art Become Real Art. Everybody’s making something, all the time, everywhere. Who gets to call it art?
- The Quest for the New Is Getting Old Ezra Pound used to say, “Make it new.” Maybe we’d all be better off if he’d said, “Make it good.”