You won’t know how hard it is to run a non-profit until you’ve worked through a benefit. It’s one of the most challenging and important jobs organizations like Art F City have, and one of the most rewarding. And I should know, because two years ago I began my career at Art F City as a benefit-auction intern. It was worth it—I can now say that I’m a pro at wrangling together a crowd, approaching sponsors, fetching emergency grants on the fly, and hey, the best part is that I work at Art F City now, too.
Here’s the basic requirements of the job, but we’re flexible. If you want to volunteer your time, that’s super and we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for someone who’s:
- Totally into event-planning.
- Able to come in to our office two days a week through mid-February.
- Willing to communicate with artists, sponsors, and benefit committee members over phone, email, and in-person.
- Organized, as you might be keeping track of ticket sales in Excel, printing out a list of attendees, and making bid sheets for artworks.
- Okay with running to the post office to mail invitations and the other less-than glamorous aspects of event-planning.
- Available to attend the benefit on February 17, 2014.
If you think you’re the one for the job based on those details, please send in your CV and your cover letter telling us why you’re into helping out at our benefit (firstname.lastname@example.org). That’s all you have to do. I can’t guarantee that huge blessings will rain down from the sky if you’re our intern, but I can promise it won’t be boring.