- Kim Kardashian’s oiled-up ass gets featured on the cover of Paper magazine. *dyingdyingdying* [The Cut]
- At least Tommy Lee Jones has come out as a feminist. Men in Black 4evs! [The Telegraph]
- It’s officially official—the world has yet another biennial. The inaugural Chicago Architecture Biennial will tackle the theme of “The State of the Art of Architecture” (whatever that means). It will take place in October 2015. [ArchDaily]
- Read this headline, and weep: “40 Powerful Photos Show Why Banksy Is the Spokesman of Our Generation.” [Arts.Mic]
- Another awful, awful headline that will scare you: “Your Car May Be Self-Programmed to Kill You—and 9 More Fun Facts About Self-Driving Vehicles.” [Yahoo! Tech]
- Josh Baer suspects that Sotheby’s Rothko lot, sold for $40 million, went to Wal-Mart heiress Alice Walton. Perhaps it’s going to Crystal Bridges, the one art museum that uses art to “celebrate the American spirit.” [Baer-Faxt]
- Sotheby’s sold a blue angel at its day fair for $4.2 million. [Twitter]
- Simon Ostrovsky tours a museum in East Ukraine, the Donetsk People’s Republic, six months after seceding from Ukraine. His first stop, a bombed-out museum in Donetsk. [Vice News]
- The Outsider Art Fair moves its dates earlier in the year to January 2015. [Art in America]
- The Awl has undergone a website redesign. Looks nice, guys and gals! [The Awl]
- Everyone loves the Chris Ofili show at the New Museum. We’re not surprised—he’s a great painter. [The Village Voice]
Archive of Corinna Kirsch
AFC Senior Editor Corinna Kirsch received her MA in Modern Art History, Theory, and Criticism from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, where she published a thesis on 1960s and 1970s video art. From 2009 - 2010 she worked at the Weisman Art Museum where she curated exhibitions for the drawing and photography galleries. In 2010 she received the C Magazine New Critics Prize. She also contributes to the L Magazine’s blog The Measure.
Corinna has written 468 article(s) for AFC.
Posts by author: