Venue: Postmasters Gallery, 54 Franklin Street, Ground floor, NYC.
Time: Cocktails & light fare begin at 6:30 pm, Live Auction at 7:45 and an award ceremony and Roast at 8:30pm. Silent bidding runs through 10pm.
This February 17th, get ready for The Art F City Art World Roast Auction and Awards (AFCAWRAaA): a night of crowning the worst and auctioning off the best. (Basically, it’s like the art prom but everyone is Carrie.) Prepare yourself for roasting and ass gadgetry; this year, our gilded awards will take the form of golden butt plugs. Public voting is open through midnight, February 14th, and our auction is underway on Paddle8.
We haven’t announced all the details yet, because we’re not sure if the person in the giant butt costume will be distributing awards and buttplugs or awards as buttplugs UPDATE 2/14: The awards will be buttplugs. In the meantime, here’s what we can tell you:
- Jaimie Warren, the woman who has dressed up as a piece of lettuce, a flattened piece of pepperoni, and a lasagna will host. She will probably be wearing a costume.
- We will have artwork and experiences available from artists such as Jeremy Bailey, Man Bartlett, Jay Batlle, Petra Cortright, Christian Chaize, Saul Chernick, Matthew Craven, Sara Cwynar, Jennifer Dalton, Ursula Endlicher, Carla Gannis, Christine Gedeon, Irena Jurek, Deborah Kass, Matthew Leifheit, Lisa Levy, Jose Lerma, Lauren Luloff, Jason McLean, Lorna Mills, Marilyn Minter, Ruben Natal-San Miguel, John Powers, William Powhida, Marsha Owett, Tom Sanford, Trey Speegle, Mike and Doug Starn, Russell Tyler, Michelle Vaughan, Aaron Williams and many more!
- We’ll have online bidding with Paddle8, the esteemed online auction house.
- We will have CK Swett from Heritage Auctions. If you’ve seen Swett in action, you know this: Of all the world’s charity auctioneers, in one hundred years only the name C.K. Swett will be remembered. According to NBC, he is the “The Mad-Hatter” of charity auctions.
- Booze by Wodka Vodka, Alibi American Whiskey and Chapter 24 Vineyards!
- Food! Possibly pork buns!
Benefit Committee Chair: Jeffrey Teuton
Benefit Committee: Saul Chernick, Ursula Endlicher, Carla Gannis, Dave Harper, Rhiannon Kubicka, Allegra LaVoila, Glenn Macura, Jonathan Mayers, Kelani Nichole, Nicholas O’Brien, Marsha Owett, Tom Sanford, Magda Sawon, Amanda Schneider, Andrea Serbonich, Robert Skollar, Benjamin Tischer, Ken Tyburski, Christina Vassallo, and Michelle Vaughan