Here’s an event right up our alley: tonight, in the New Museum’s Sky Room, Rhizome will hold a mock benefit (also an actual benefit) gala of epic proportions. In an immersive performance New York New York Happy Happy (NY NY HP HP) by artist Ed Fornieles, audience members get to live out a circus inspired by New York City socialite culture. Patrons may participate in the art by buying access to a VIP area, public acknowledgement, arm candy, a personal actor, and even honoree status. Characters are, of course, fictional, because you’re invited to spend like crazy.
Here are the levels:
- Bronze ($50): Admission for one + conversation with the artist
- Silver ($100): Admission for one + access to VIP area + bronze-level benefits
- Gold ($250): Admission for one + public acknowledgment at the event + silver-level benefits
- Platinum ($500): Admission for three + dedicated arm candy for the event, any gender + option to play yourself + gold-level benefits
- Black ($5,000, limit one): You will be the evening’s honoree
The performance is commissioned by Rhizome, and all proceeds go to Rhizome’s 2013-14 programming. We’re encouraging you join at the Black level, assuming that option’s not already sold out.